Sunday, May 14, 2017

Chirp trill chirp trill

It is true, I am a Maine Coon. Maine Coon's tend to chirp rather than "meow", why is that? 
Did you ever consider or wonder why?

My sister and I rarely meow at one another, we clean each other but don't really speak to one another. Sometimes she will hiss at me, especially when I return from the doctor's office, she yells at me to tell me that I smell weird.

We both talk to our mamma, and she talks back.  It is quite fun.  My sister meow meow meows, and I chirp and trill.   If you have never met a Maine Coon, you may not know what we sound like - we chirp and trill - trill is like a meow with a purr and chirp is like a bird.  My sister makes the funniest noise when she sees a bird, sounds like "ca ca ca" - my chirp is more like a bird's tweet. So don't confuse the "ca ca ca" of a domestic cat to the chirp chirp chirp of a Maine Coon.  

Today, for Mother's Day, we will be sure to sing to our mamma - she likes hearing our adorable voices, and we like making her happy.

To all the mothers reading my post - Happy Mother's Day to you!  My sister and I hope you get all the singing you want - from cats or humans.  If you have a dog, be fair warned, they don't have as much vocal variety as us cats... so just another reason to add a cat to your family.