Sunday, January 22, 2017

How am I?

It has been nearly 10 months since diagnosed with a fatal heart condition.
I have been diligently taking medicine - three different kinds - twice a day.
I started coughing around Christmas, more than normal.
Mamma started documenting in my illness-journal how often.  Each time I would cough, she could not tell if I was coughing up a hair ball or having an asthma attack, so, she decided to contact my doctor.

Yesterday, I went to have an x-ray done.

I have fluid on my lungs, so I have to take a larger dose of one of my pills each day.  ☹ The doctor does not think I have asthma, but I would need an echo-cardiogram to be sure.  The doctor does think I may have something going on with my GI tract, so I am going to take Pepcid AC once a day for a couple of weeks to see if my symptoms go away.

Please pray for me.

My sister, Stivali, is always so very mean to me when I return from the vet.  She hisses at me and scratches at me.  Mamma researched preventative measures so that this would not happen - and tried three of the suggestions - which all failed, sadly.  So, I keep hiding to avoid Stivali.
Interesting fun fact learned at the vet - - - If I was human, I would be considered a 52-56 year old overweight male with congestive heart failure.

Hmmm...

Thank you, Readers, for your continued prayers.