Sunday, January 1, 2017

Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017!

My ma recently got rid of a scratching post I had since 2006.


She also threw out Stivali’s plastic and fabric cat-tower (circa 2010).  What we teasingly referred to as her princess perch where she once rested her weary head is no-more.

I do not necessarily like change.

In other thoughts, I am growing weary of the twice a day medicine intake – three pills / twice a day – it is getting old. 

My eyes are tearing a lot more now that winter is here and forced air heat is on all day long in the home. 

For the new year, I would like to think I was good enough in 2016 to deserve a break, or at least some strong cat nip. 

I wrote last time about the new cat tree which has brought minimal happiness to our life, but why does a new one mean that the old scratching post and princess perch must be thrown out? I realize the new is both a princess perch (however not as comfortable and it is lacking the comfortable hammock my dear sister adored) and offers multiple scratching posts.  That is nice, I guess.  Is there a maximum amount of allowable scratching posts in the home? If so, I was not aware of it. It is not as though I signed an agreement to live here under the condition that 8 scratching posts was too many . . . or something.  


Fellow cats, did you? Do you have such an agreement that precludes you from having 8 scratching posts?

   Hmmm... 


Happy New Year, Everyone, may your new year be filled with delicious cat nip and as many scratch posts as you please.