Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Slipper Series.


Monday
                                                                                        Tuesday

Perhaps Mamma is creating a "Slipper Series" and will share with you a photo of me each day of the week resting on her slippers...

Lately, she is taking more photos of me than usual, and usually she takes lots and lots.

As I have written before, I like to wake my mamma up a little before her alarm, so I can get her full attention and some really nice cuddles.  Recently, I have been jumping on her bed at 5am. Sometimes, Stivali, my little sister, is sleeping on mamma's belly, chest, or by her feet.  Either way, once I jump up, she jumps down.  Mamma and I usually snuggle for 15 minutes, but last week and this week, we've lingered longer into a half hour.

During this quality time, I rest in my little nook - which is the space on her side between her shoulder and hips.  My front paws over her underarm, my head on them, and my back paws over her hip and belly.  She wraps her arm around me, cradling me like a mother would a human baby.

Purr... Purr... Purr...

In March, I weighed in at 21.7#.

Doctors always told us that I was okay, perfectly healthy at 20# - 21.7# was considered a little heavier than I should be.  I am a big cat.  Not fat.  Just big.

Like I mentioned before, for a few days after my annual check-up I felt sick; but once I got my bloodwork, x-rays, and echocardiogram done in March, I began taking medicines, and I quickly got back to my peppy happy self.  I have not felt sick at all since.  However, I keep weighing in less and less.

I don't wanna lose weight.

Mamma is feeling alarmed, and is starting to really notice, physically, that I weigh less.

DATE:       WEIGHT:
March 19            21.70
April 08              20.50
Aug 01               19.11
Aug 16               19.04

The good news is, my quality of life has not negatively been impacted by my disease, I am still playful, joyful, and talkative.  I am loved, and that is a blessing to me. <3  

Your continued prayers are appreciated.