Monday, August 29, 2016

How I lost my balcony privileges.

While Ma was working in the kitchen, she left the kitchen screen door propped open so Stivali and I can go in and out as we please. We are only allowed on the balcony.  She puts a screen in front of the steps so we cannot walk down them.

This allows us to be outside but limited to the space of the balcony.

It is very nice – we get to watch the birds, squirrels, and bunnies from a distance.  We can sunbathe, and breathe in the fresh air.



Mamma checks on us every fifteen minutes or so, a little neurotically, if you asked me – she just worries we would get into trouble of some sort if she didn’t, I guess.

From the kitchen, she heard a loud thump so she quickly ran out onto the balcony to find out what the noise was.  She did not see me right away, only my lil sister stood on the balcony, staring off into the sideyard – eyes as large as teacup saucers…

Ma peered over the balcony, to her amazement, to find me sitting on the awning of the first floor side door.  

 
She was so alarmed, she went running down the balcony steps to come get me, but I was too afraid to jump into her arms, and there was no way I was gonna be able to jump back up onto the balcony railing. 


Ma did not have her cell phone with her so she failed to take photos of me getting into trouble.  She told me later who could think of photos at a time like that – she was scared for my safety and sanity.


She hurriedly went back into the kitchen, opened the window, and leaned practically all the way outside on to the awning where I climbed into her loving arms.

I don’t know why she got so angry with me – you think she thinks I have congestive heart failure or something, like I coulda caused myself to have a heart attack.  I don’t know, but she says I cannot go outside onto the balcony anymore. 

My privileges have been revoked.