Sunday, October 1, 2017

Status on Living with Congestive Heart Failure

Yesterday, my ma took me for my bi-annual routine blood work to determine what impact all these medicines are having on my organs. Specifically, my kidneys, since I am on a diuretic, Lasix.
The doctor asked my ma if I always breathe so heavy.
I usually don't at home, she tells the doctor - and explains that my breathing heavy is due in part to all the dogs barking and being at the animal hospital which causes anxiety.
The doctor did not buy it and asked permission to do X-Rays.
Ma agreed.

To our sadness, there appears to be a lot more fluid on my lungs when the X-Rays are compared to the ones taken in January.

The doctor suggests draining it with a small needle, to help me feel more comfortable. She did not think that Lasix alone would help my heavy breathing.  And we can't up the dosage without first getting the blood test results.

Sadly, they could not do the drainage at that time and asked us to return to the animal hospital in four hours.

Interesting to note - that during the time spent at home relaxing, my breathing returned to completely normal and was no longer labored.

Regardless, we went back to the doctor's at the scheduled time. Ma waited for 30 minutes while two different doctors attempted to drain out the water.

First they shaved one side of me, stuck me with a needle - failed, and then shaved the other side of me, to stick me on that side with a needed - and that too failed.

They asked us to come back first thing Monday morning so I could be seen by a cardiologist and have an ultrasound done. The X-Rays show the fluid - assuming it is around the lungs and my heart - but there was too much blockage to get it out, so a cardiologist would be better able to tell how to drain it with an ultrasound completed.

I am very sad. I am tired of going to the doctors. My ma is sad, too, she doesn't want me being pricked and prodded at ... it sucks.

Please pray for me. Thank you.