Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Spironolactone

I went to the doctor on Saturday.   I had blood drawn, my blood pressure taken (it's fine!), and an x-ray (fluid has once again accumulated in my chest cavity). 

I am now 16.03 pounds. I am losing weight and I don't wanto. 

Today, my doctor called with my blood test results and they came back free of concerns.

She shared the test results with my cardiologist to see if I can up my Lasix dosage, since Saturday's x-rays showed fluid build up (they were not expecting to see so much fluid build up in two weeks). 

Instead of upping Lasix, they prescribed 
a potassium-sparing diuretic (water pill) which will prevent my body from absorbing too much sodium and will keep my potassium levels from going lower than we want.  Spironolactone is the name of the new drug I am taking, and it is for people and cats like me with congestive heart failure.

The pharmacist compounded it into liquid for me and asked ma if I wanted beef or chicken flavor. We selected chicken.

Here's hoping this works. 

We are happy the blood results came back positively, with no negative impact on my kidneys so that I can try another diuretic.  


I am tired a lot, breathing heavier than normal, but I still purr, and am happy being loved. 


Thank you for reading my update and for your continued prayers and thoughts.