Sunday, September 20, 2020

The Quickness of September

We cannot believe it is already September 20th.

These few months have really gone by too quickly for us. This past week, we celebrated Pasqua's second birthday. I am surprised I have put up with him for nearly two years.

For the most part, I tolerate him. Typically, we are in the same room together, and often, he wants to play or be too close to me, that is when I get annoyed with him. A girl needs her space. 

It has been a transition for me to go from being the baby to my big brother Stray Cat, to being the big sister to little Pasqua. There is a part of me that misses cuddling with a sibling, I just haven't missed it enough to allow Pasqua in to that part of my heart or blanket. 

Also this week, on the evening of September 18, 2020 we began the 5781st Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah). This is an annual reminder of our need to pursue enhanced behaviour. In the Jewish faith, the New Year ushers in ten days of repentance - a study of our moral values, a review of our past (as a way to avoid past errors), and helps inspire us to change our behaviour. The ten days end on Yom Kippur. 

As I reflect on the study of peace-through-strength, may it encourage me to love my brother better. 

For all our Readers of Jewish faith, we wish you Shanah Tovah Umetukah!

That's not a bird, Pasqua!

Purr & Paw,
-Stiavali. 🐾

Rosh Hashanah isn’t just about being new, it’s about a change. – Max Levis.