Sunday, October 13, 2019

The truth about cats

Stivali here.
I am usually too busy sleeping most of the day to be bothered to write this blog, so sometimes my mamma does it. Plus, I really don't want to write about how much I love my new little brother (even if I do). I was here first and let me just say, he is absolutely nothing like my big brother, Stray Cat. Stray Cat was a total mush, and very loving. He never tried to attack me the way Pasqua does. *Sigh

I also really miss how I could snuggle up against Stray Cat. Pasqua only snuggles with mamma. Which usually means, I only snuggle with mamma at bed time because Pasqua stays at her feet.  This is becoming quite the habit here at night. Pasqua at her feet, and me, happily, by her head. It is getting colder where we live, and she is not putting the heat on yet. The past two nights I slept right beside her instead of an arm's length away. I know she is very happy about that. I only do it to get warm. She really needs to put the heat on so I don't have to be so close. 😹

I look like a majestic supermodel here.🐱
Pasqua looks a bit tubby here.😺
We had a good week. Sleeping. Waiting for Grigio. Eating. Playing. Sleeping. Eating. Playing. Waiting for Grigio. 

Mamma even went to a street fair and brought us back a new toy. One shaped like a bird, but we are not fools. We know it is a toy and not real. We see real birds every day from the windows and they are too quick for us to catch - considering, ummmm, ma doesn't let us out. 😿

Did you ever wonder why cats sleep so much? If you want to read this article our mamma read to us - it is very enlightening: Why Do Cats Sleep So Much?  Apparently, one of the reasons is to conserve energy between meals. And man, do we like to eat! Speaking of eating, I am starting to feel irritated by how much we feed Grigio our food. It is OUR FOOD. Now we have asked our mother to stop with the insanity and buy specific food for Grigio so he is not eating OUR FOOD. I hope she listens to us. This is important. I am not good at sharing food. It seems very unfair to us.😿

The article also mentions that sleeping is critical for our ability to regenerate itself and stay healthy. That is enough information for me to know that I have written enough today, and it is time to fall in to a deep sleep, and have some good cat dreams!

Nap Well, Readers!

Purr & Paw, 🐾
-Stivali.

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, there's a land that I've heard of once in a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true. Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me. Where troubles melt like lemon drops, high above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me. Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly. Birds fly over the rainbow. Why then, oh why can't I? If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?
Yip Harburg.