Sunday, March 21, 2021

World Poetry Day

I bet you did not know that I like poems. I like when mamma reads them or sings them to me.

Poetry expresses feelings in rhythm something the books she often reads us does not. She also uses a different pitch, a distinctive style in her voice when she recites them. 

This is why I was excited to share with all of you that today is World Poetry Day. 

Maybe you will take time today to write a poem, or to revisit one you read some time ago and liked.

Today I enjoy the many pillows in my house.


It has been a very long time since I have caught a mouse. 

My brother Pasqua doesn't seem to mind.

As long as there are sun puddles to find. 

Have a blessed Sunday, Readers.
-Stivali. 🐾

Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words. - Robert Frost.