Monday, July 1, 2019

Happy July!

Dear Readers, 

We are so happy that it is July. Sunshine means sun puddles. Summer means longer days, which means more light to light our lives! We are so happy!


We are getting along fabulously. On occasion, Pasqua Scheggiare gets a little too rambunctious, but one fine swat of my paw on his head and he behaves again. It is like magic!

We are doing really well with demands. We have purrfected: 
  • sit
  • jump/up
  • paw
  • give me five
We are still working on 'fetch' - one which Pasqua did continuously but has recently become less enchanted with it. Haha!

Pasqua is quite the snuggler and he has a permanent spot next to mamma when she relaxes on the sofa. I don't join them very often because it is not fun for me to share mamma with Pasqua. I get envious and angry. 

This week, our country celebrates with fireworks and barbecues. I hope there are not too many fireworks nearby because they scare me. I know we are not under attack, but it sure sounds and feels like we are. I typically retreat to under the bed during such scary times. 

If you are wondering why there are celebrations here this week - it is to honor when the thirteen colonies claimed their independence from England on July 4, 1776.  This eventually led to the formation of the United States, so Americans celebrate this historic event on the fourth of July, also referred to as Independence Day.

Have a wonderful week, Everyone, and Happy Independence Day to all who celebrate it! 

Purr & Paw,
-Stivali. 

I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.” – Wendell L. Wilkie.